Monday, August 6, 2012

Post Ten: Reflection


I’m approximately one month into this whole blogging thing and amazingly I am on post ten. I would not have been surprised if it would have taken ten months to reach the tenth post or at least ten weeks. Once a week is enough of a challenge to put together some thoughts in a coherent fashion so doing it more often is quite an accomplishment for me. Those of you who are actually reading these ramblings might think I come up with some strange topics. I was riding down the road the other day and realized how amazing the railroad system is and how much power a locomotive needs to move all the cargo it does around the country. Look for some interesting facts on that in the future. So ideas to write about really just present themselves during everyday activities. When I do write something I try to give a sense of why the topic might be important to me but don’t always give all the reasons or give an exhaustive presentation of facts so you, the reader, can think about it or even research it in your own. If these posts were to be submitted as papers to a college professor, I would certainly have to work on some of my sentence structure and vocabulary, but for the purpose of this blog, I don’t. In the future you can expect some general changes to the look and feel and/or method of operation for my posts. For instance, after this tenth post I will no longer put what number post I am on in the title. The layout of the page might evolve into something more user friendly or the description of the blog might get a revision, etc. I also may begin to promote the blog on my own a little. When I wrote the first post I only told by brother who has a successful blog and a growing following, just to see if people really do read his site. So the first readers only knew about my blog if they also read his. I hope this first month is just the beginning of something long-lasting and worthwhile.  


Everlong
Foo Fighters

Hello
I've waited here for you,
Everlong…

Breathe out so I can breathe you in
Hold you in

No comments:

Post a Comment