Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Post One: D-Day


As I dive into the blogging world at 6:30 AM on June 6, 2012 I have considered the repercussions of sharing my thoughts and opinions with the internet community at large.  By doing this I open myself up to criticism and ridicule, but I am reminded of the words of General Dwight D. Eisenhower, “Your task will not be an easy one...We will accept nothing less than full victory! Good Luck! And let us all beseech the blessings of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking.”

Just as the date for this first post was carefully chosen, so too were the first topics.  Be clear that my first devotion is to God and there will be many opportunities to share my thoughts on all things spiritual, but the two topics I would like to address today are baseball and music.  I will be continually talking about these two subjects throughout my blogging experience, but today there are a couple of key things you need to know.  Baseball is the greatest game, period.  There is no argument.  Either you agree with me already or once you acquire a true understanding of the sport then you will agree with me.  Make no mistake; I like football, basketball, golf, and many other sports.  I also appreciate the skill involved, the dedication required to succeed, and all the mental toughness associated with those and other sports.  But the combination of all things seen and unseen in baseball make it the greatest.  Take the time to fully learn the game of baseball and enjoy a day at the ballpark.

In the words of Briscoe Darling (Andy Griffith Show), “You got time to breathe, you got time for music.”  My love of baseball is matched only by my love of music.  I like everything from classical music to 1980’s heavy metal.  One of the things I have really come to appreciate and love is live music.  Being in a room with people playing instruments, virtually any instruments, is an experience I truly enjoy.  I can also sit out on my back deck with my iPod and a cold beverage and get lost in the sounds of an electric guitar or a single piano.  I encourage you to take the time to listen to your favorite music whenever you can.

That’s it for today.  I will expand on these topics and include many more over the course of this endeavor.  Posts will come, not necessarily daily, but regularly.  I hope you enjoyed this post, but if not, check back, maybe there will be one soon you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment